All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on cutting-edge research from leading scholars, this book investigates state preferences for regime creation and assesses state capacity for executing these preferences in Northeast Asia's energy domain, defined as the geographical area comprising the following countries: Russia, Mongolia, China, Japan, South Korea and North Korea. It examines questions pertaining to how states perceive the need and necessity for establishing a regime when it comes to the issue of energy and how much commitment they make to the effort in Northeast Asia. The book analyses the factors that shape each country's fundamental energy interests in the region, how these interests impact their attitudes toward engaging the region on energy security and the way they carry out their regional engagement. Based on countries' interests in promoting institutionalized regional energy cooperation and their capacity for forging that cooperation, the collection assesses each state's role in contributing to an energy regime in Northeast Asia. It then concludes with a critique on the decade-plus quest for energy security cooperation in Northeast Asia and suggests ways forward for facilitating regional energy security cooperation. This book will be of great interest to scholars and students of environmental policy, energy policy, security studies, Asian studies and international relations.
- Author BiographyBo Kong is ConocoPhillips Petroleum Professor of Chinese and Asian Studies and Assistant Professor of International and Area Studies at the University of Oklahoma College of International Studies, USA. Jae H. Ku is Director at the U.S.-Korea Institute at Johns Hopkins University, USA.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/05/2015
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge Explorations in Environmental Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations, 7 black & white tables, 2 black & white line drawings
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byBo Kong,Jae H. Ku
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.