All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive overview of trading and risk management in the energy markets Energy Trading and Risk Management provides a comprehensive overview of global energy markets from one of the foremost authorities on energy derivatives and quantitative finance. With an approachable writing style, Iris Mack breaks down the three primary applications for energy derivatives markets Risk Management, Speculation, and Investment Portfolio Diversification in a way that hedge fund traders, consultants, and energy market participants can apply in their day to day trading activities. * Moving from the fundamentals of energy markets through simple and complex derivatives trading, hedging strategies, and industry-specific case studies, Dr. Mack walks readers through energy trading and risk management concepts at an instructive pace, supporting her explanations with real-world examples, illustrations, charts, and precise definitions of important and often-misunderstood terms. * From stochastic pricing models for exotic derivatives, to modern portfolio theory (MPT), energy portfolio management (EPM), to case studies dealing specifically with risk management challenges unique to wind and hydro-electric power, the bookguides readers through the complex world of energy trading and risk management to help investors, executives, and energy professionals ensure profitability and optimal risk mitigation in every market climate. Energy Trading and Risk Management is a great resource to help grapple with the very interesting but oftentimes complex issues that arise in energy trading and risk management.
- Author BiographyIRIS MACK, P<small/small>D, EMBA, earned a Harvard doctorate in Applied Mathematics and a London Business School Sloan Fellow MBA. She is a former MIT professor and Derivatives Quant/Trader who has worked in financial institutions in the U.S., London, and Asia. She has also spent some of her professional career at NASA, Boeing, and AT&T Bell Laboratories where she obtained a patent for research on optical fibers. Dr. Mack lectures and consults on energy derivatives, quantitative finance, and high frequency trading, and serves on various boards, including National Academy of Sciences Transportation Research Board, AlgoAnalytics Trading and Financial Analytics (India), MarketExpress Financial News and Research (India), Women Mentor Women Foundation, and I Can Still Do That Foundation. Dr. Mack founded Phat Math Inc. and The Global Energy Post in Miami, Florida. She and her colleagues at Phat Math launched their prototype mathematics edutainment social network PhatMath.com. Students in grades K-12 and college have access to free 24/7 online math homework help on PhatMath.com named one of the Top 50 Social Sites for Educators and Academics and 25 Useful Networking Sites for Grad Students.
- Author(s)Iris Marie Mack
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication30/05/2014
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight576 g
- Width160 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.