All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.13
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $55.99
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $21.96
About this product
- DescriptionEnergy is at the top of the list of environmental problems facing industrial society, and is arguably the one that has been handled least successfully, in part because politicians and the public do t understand the physical techlogies, while the engineers and industrialists do t understand the societal forces in which they operate. In this book, Allan Mazur, an engineer and a sociologist, explains energy techlogies for ntechnical readers and analyses the sociology of energy. The book gives an overview of energy policy in industrialised countries including analysis of climate change, the development of electricity, forms of renewable energy and public perception of the issues. Energy is a key component to environment policy and to the workings of industrial society. This vel approach to energy techlogy and policy makes the book an invaluable inter-disciplinary resource for students across a range of subjects, from environmental and engineering policy, to energy techlogy, public administration, and environmental sociology and ecomics.
- Author BiographyAllan Mazur, an engineer and a sociologist, is Professor of Public Affairs in the Center for Environmental Policy and Administration at Syracuse University, USA.
- Author(s)Allan Mazur
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/04/2013
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 black & white tables, 37 black & white line drawings
- Weight521 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.