Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.55+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAbout the Engage the Brain SeriesThis practical resource gives teachers the tools they need to plan lessons correlated to the way the brain learns best. Based on tested, research-based strategies presented in Worksheets Don't Grow Dendrites: 20 Instructional Strategies That Engage the Brain, this book offers a variety of language arts activities that incorporate games to help students make sense of and reinforce learning. These activities give students the opportunity to t only play but also construct and design a variety of games, greatly increasing brain connections to the content. These strategies allow students to master curriculum objectives while actively rehearse information in an engaging, n-threatening atmosphere, which makes a real difference in students' energy, motivation, and achievement.Engage the Brain: Games, Science, Grades 6-8acontains games based on national academic standards for science, including physical science, life science, and earth and space science. Some games are based on old favorites (Scavenger Hunt, Scattergories, Jeopardy, Taboo, Hot Potato, Bingo, Twister, Charades, 20 Questions) and some are brand new, including:Laboratory Scavenger HuntElement MatchCompound TwisterShuffleboard ShowdownAtomic Marble MadnessEnergy BingoAnimal AdaptationsWho Am I?Genetic TabooHuman Body JeopardyTime Travel CrosswordSpace SecretsEarth Cycles PyramidSolar System ScattergoriesEarth and Space TriviaEach game includes one or more learning objectives, a comprehensive materials list, step-by-step information for the teacher on how to prepare for and play the game, any necessary reproducibles (such as game cards, game boards, scorecards), and follow-up activities for extended learning. The games are presented in the brain-friendly lesson formation, including a focus activity, modeling, guided practice, independent practice, and closing.
- Author BiographyMarcia L. Tate, EdD, is the former executive director of professional development for the DeKalb County School System, Decatur, Georgia and has been presenting to adult audiences for more than 25 years. During her 30-year career with the school district, she has been a classroom teacher, reading specialist, language arts coordinator, and staff development executive director. She received the Distinguished Staff Development Award for the State of Georgia, and her department was chosen to receive the Exemplary Program Award for the state. Marcia is currently an educational consultant and has taught more than 400,000 administrators, teachers, parents, and business and community leaders throughout the world. She is the author of the following seven bestsellers: Worksheets Don't Grow Dendrites: 20 Instructional Strategies that Engage the Brain; Sit & Get Won't Grow Dendrites: 20 Professional Learning Strategies That Engage the Adult Brain; Reading and Language Arts Worksheets Don't Grow Dendrites: 20 Literacy Strategies that Engage the Brain; Shouting Won't Grow Dendrites: 20 Techniques to Detour Around the Danger Zones; Mathematics Worksheets Don't Grow Dendrites: 20 Numeracy Strategies That Engage the Brain; Preparing Children for Success in School and in Life: 20 Ways to Increase Your Child's Brain Power; and Science Worksheets Don't Grow Dendrites: 20 Instructional Strategies That Engage the Brain; as well as Social Studies Worksheets Don't Grow Dendrites: 20 Instructional Strategies That Engage the Brain. Participants in her workshops refer to them as some of the best ones they have ever experienced since Marcia uses the 20 strategies outlined in her books to actively engage her audiences. Marcia received her bachelor's degree in psychology and elementary education from Spelman College in Atlanta, Georgia. She earned her master's degree in remedial reading from the University of Michigan, her specialist degree in educational leadership from Georgia State University, and her doctorate in educational leadership from Clark Atlanta University. Spelman College awarded her the Apple Award for excellence in the field of education. Marcia is married to Tyrone Tate and is the proud mother of three children, Jennifer, Jessica, and Christopher, and is the doting grandmother of two granddaughters, Christian and Aidan Brooke, and three grandsons, Maxwell Connor, Aaron Bryan, and Roman Alexander.
- Author(s)Marcia L. Tate
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication23/04/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight286 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine6 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $35.01
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.