All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $41.94Trending at AU $81.96
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.30
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.11
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.15
- AU $56.16Trending at AU $56.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.32
About this product
- DescriptionMultigenre research projects affirm students' home cultures while developing important academic skills consistent with the Common Core State Standards in reading and writing. This book will guide teachers in assigning, scaffolding, and assessing multigenre research assignments, including how to choose a topic, pace the work, and keep writers on track to achieve specific goals. Chapters are arranged by topic with each containing a description of the educational rationale for the topic, an introductory activity that serves as an inspiration for students in selecting a topic, and field-tested minilessons with step-by-step instructions. All the traditional elements of a research paper-quotations from experts, works cited, explanation, synthesis, and analysis-are brought to life as students animate information with emotion and imagination. An additional chapter describes how teachers have adapted this project for other subjects, such as social studies, science, and literature. Book Features:* Prompts focused on home culture, inclusive model texts, and support for diverse language proficiencies.* Correlations between writing skills and the Common Core State Standards, including academic citation and reading historical documents and other nfiction texts.* Practical management strategies for teaching large writing projects, including prewriting, drafting, revising, proofreading, and publishing.* Publication options that include everything from paper-crafting to multimodal composition.* A companion website with downloadable handouts and additional teaching strategies.
- Author BiographyNancy Mack is a professor of English at Wright State University, USA, where she teaches both undergraduate and graduate courses in writing. She is a frequent speaker at national and state conferences and has won several teaching awards.
- Author(s)Nancy Mack
- PublisherTeachers' College Press
- Date of Publication30/08/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleLanguage & Literacy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTeachers' College Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.