All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionThis book challenges what we think kw about how images convey meaning. In this groundbreaking new book, the author explores how interactive media is changing the way that we produce and consume images. At the cutting edge of the visual arts, the book explores the interactive image. How people interact with images has undergone a change. Historically, people have played the role of spectator and interacted with the image passively. That is, they perceived the image visually and interpreted it emotionally and cognitively, influenced by factors like aesthetics or cultural background. Today, however, due to the influx of interactive media, people play a more active role that entails participating in the production, distribution and consumption of images. Engendering Interaction with Images examines this phemen and addresses the following question: What are the consequences of user interaction with images on meaning, communicative effectiveness, and society at large? Bennett argues that active interaction with an image improves users' understanding of the image and potentially their lives. That is, engendering interaction with an image improves the image's communicative effectiveness by enabling the image to convey meaning across cultures and, potentially, make a global impact or positively change individual lives.
- Author BiographyEmily Audrey Bennett is Associate Professor of Graphics (with tenure), Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Department of Language, Literature, and Communication 2003-present. Her research interests include theory and research on the design of images for culturally specific and cross-cultural communication across different media.
- Author(s)Audrey Grace Bennett
- PublisherIntellect Books
- Date of Publication31/01/2012
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIntellect Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width174 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.