All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $33.00
About this product
- DescriptionEvery firefighter has a treasure trove of interesting stories to tell and the stories more often than t are instructional as well as exciting. When I was a firefighter, I kept tes of the fires I responded to. Now that I am retired, I have reflected on my career as a firefighter and have written a second book about the men alongside whom I worked, facing dangerous situations daily. This book is a compilation of eight short FIRE stories written between 1963 and 1972, from tes I wrote after returning from fires. The first story explores the emotions felt when reporting for duty for the first time. The same emotions felt by all firefighters throughout the world on their first day on the job. An inexplicable bond forms between men and women who face danger on a daily basis and who have been tested - and have passed the test. From the combat soldier, to the policeman and the firefighter - a bond of love and trust has formed that will last a lifetime.
- Author BiographyI grew up in Queens, New York and I began writing in an attempt to raise money to pay for my grandchildren's college education. I've written 12 books and 7 short stories. Right now I'm working on the fifth installment of The Starlight Club. When It's completed I'd like to write a sequel to the Lone Jack Kid which is a finalist in the 2013 Readers Favorite book contest in the Western category. The Starlight Club won the silver in the 2012 eLit TRUE CRIME category, and was awarded Honorable Mention in the 2013 Readers Favorite book contest. My short story FIRE: Box 598 won the bronze in the 2013 Readers Favorite contest, in the historical non-fiction category. Go figure. If I would have known I could write a good story, I would have started writing a half century ago.
- Author(s)Joe Corso
- Date of Publication29/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight109 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.