All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.18
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.74
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.02
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.74
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.71
About this product
- DescriptionThe increasing demands for internal combustion engines with regard to fuel consumption, emissions and driveability lead to more actuators, sensors and complex control functions. A systematic implementation of the electronic control systems requires mathematical models from basic design through simulation to calibration. The book treats physically-based as well as models based experimentally on test benches for gasoline (spark ignition) and diesel (compression ignition) engines and uses them for the design of the different control functions. The main topics are: - Development steps for engine control - Stationary and dynamic experimental modeling - Physical models of intake, combustion, mechanical system, turbocharger, exhaust, cooling, lubrication, drive train - Engine control structures, hardware, software, actuators, sensors, fuel supply, injection system, camshaft - Engine control methods, static and dynamic feedforward and feedback control, calibration and optimization, HiL, RCP, control software development - Control of gasoline engines, control of air/fuel, ignition, kck, idle, coolant, adaptive control functions - Control of diesel engines, combustion models, air flow and exhaust recirculation control, combustion-pressure-based control (HCCI), optimization of feedforward and feedback control, smoke limitation and emission control This book is an introduction to electronic engine management with many practical examples, measurements and research results. It is aimed at advanced students of electrical, mechanical, mechatronic and control engineering and at practicing engineers in the field of combustion engine and automotive engineering.
- Author BiographyRolf Isermann studied Mechanical Engineering and obtained the Dr.-Ing. degree in 1965 from the University of Stuttgart, Germany. In 1972 he became Professor in Control Engineering at the University of Stuttgart. From 1977-2006 he was Professor for Control Systems and Process Automation at the Institute of Automatic Control of the Darmstadt University of Technology. Since 2006 he is Professor emeritus and is head of the Research Group for Control Systems and Process Automation in the same institution. R. Isermann received the Dr. h.c. (honoris causa) from L'Universite Libre de Bruxelles and from the Polytechnic University in Bucharest. In 1996 he was awarded by the VDE-Ehrenring , and in 2007 by VDI-Ehrenmitglied . The MIT Technology Review Magazine awarded him in 2003 to the Top Ten of Emerging Technologies in Mechatronics. In 2010 he received the Rufus Oldenburger Medal from the Ameri can Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME: highest scientific award for lifetime achievements).
- Author(s)Rolf Isermann
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication02/07/2014
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note394 black & white illustrations, 13 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight1421 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine38 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.