All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.49Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.58Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionEngineering Chemistry discusses the fundamental theoretical concepts of chemistry and links them with their engineering applications. The book is designed as an introductory course for undergraduate students in all branches of engineering. Employing an easy-to-understand approach, it elaborates on the fundamental concepts and their applications, and includes scores of illustrations and learning exercises to facilitate comprehension. Starting with areas of common interest, such as fuels, water, corrosion and phase rule, followed by chapters on engineering materials, polymers and lubricants, the book then covers a range of important subjects, such as structure and bonding, solid state, liquid crystal, chemical kinetics, surface chemistry, thermodynamics, electrochemistry, spectroscopy, photochemistry, the basics of organic chemistry and orgametallic compounds. It also covers the applications of several important topics in detail, including namaterials, green chemistry, NMR spectroscopy and biotechlogy.
- Author BiographyShikha Agarwal is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Chemistry at the Government Engineering College, Ajmer. She received her PhD from Maharishi Dayanand University and has published several research papers in national journals. She has taught courses on engineering chemistry, environmental science, spectroscopy, photochemistry and reaction mechanisms at the undergraduate and postgraduate level for several years. Her areas of interest include organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry and environmental science.
- Author(s)Shikha Agarwal
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2016
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1590 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine47 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.