All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDue to a huge concentration of electromagnetic fields and eddy currents, large power equipment and systems are prone to crushing forces, overheating, and overloading. Luckily, power failures due to disturbances like these can be predicted and/or prevented. Based on the success of internationally acclaimed computer programs, such as the authors' own RNM-3D, Engineering Electrodynamics: Electric Machine, Transformer, and Power Equipment Design explains how to implement industry-proven modeling and design techniques to solve complex electromagnetic phemena. Considering recent progress in magnetic and superconducting materials as well as modern methods of mechatronics and computer science, this theory- and application-driven book: * Analyzes materials structure and 3D fields, taking into account magnetic and thermal nlinearities * Supplies necessary physical insight for the creation of electromagnetic and electromechanical high power equipment models * Describes parameters for electromagnetic calculation of the structural parts of transformers, electric machines, apparatuses, and other electrical equipment * Covers power frequency 50-60 Hz (worldwide and US) equipment applications * Includes examples, case studies, and homework problems Engineering Electrodynamics: Electric Machine, Transformer, and Power Equipment Design provides engineers, students, and academia with a thorough understanding of the physics, principles, modeling, and design of contemporary industrial devices.
- Author BiographyJanusz Turowski received his M.Sc, Ph.D, and D.Sc from Technical University, Lodz, Poland, where he subsequently served as professor, vice-dean, director, and vice-rector. He is an honorary doctor at University of Pavia, Italy and a full member of the International Academy of Electrotechnical Sciences. He was also a member of IEEE, CIGRE-Paris, SEFI, and several prestigious councils, steering committees, and editorial boards. Highly decorated, widely published, and a designer and many-year consultant for big ELTA (ABB) Transformer Works, he possesses 60+ years of experience in academia and industry, acting as engineer, international consultant, and invited lecturer. Marek Turowski received his M.Sc and Ph.D from Technical University, Lodz, Poland. He performed his doctoral research at LAAS-CNRS, Toulouse, France and University of Sydney, Australia. During his 30+ years of modeling and computer simulation experience, he served at University of Kentucky, Lexington, USA and CFD Research Corporation, Huntsville, Alabama, USA; collaborated with international industry and academia; authored/co-authored over 200 papers, book chapters, and presentations; and led projects for NASA, DOE SBIR, DTRA, AFOSR, and DTRA. A senior member of IEEE, Electron Device Society, and Nuclear and Plasma Sciences Society, he is currently with Robust Chip Inc., Pleasanton, California, USA.
- Author(s)Janusz Turowski,Marek Turowski
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication08/01/2014
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note269 black & white illustrations, 24 black & white tables
- Weight952 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.