Engineering Mechanics: Statics by Jaan Kiusalaas, Peter Gosling, Andrew Pytel (Paperback, 2000)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $159.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $14.00Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by bubbagump14
- Est. delivery by 1 Nov
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionNow fully incorporated with SI units, these books teach students the basic mechanical behaviour of materials at rest (statics) and in motion (dynamics) while developing their mastery of engineering methods of analysing and solving problems. Traditionally, books for the statics and dynamics courses require students simply to plug problem data into standardised mathematical formulas and then compute an answer without thinking through the problem beforehand. Pytel and Kiusalaas reject this 'plug-and-chug' approach. In sample problems throughout the book, the authors direct students to identify the number of unkwns and independent equations in the problem before they attempt to calculate an answer. In this way, Pytel and Kiusalaas continually train students to think about how and why problems can be solved, by recognising up front whether a problem is statically determinate, or statically indeterminate. Pytel and Kiusalaas is the only textbook that continually reinforces students' ability to recognise determinacy and indeterminacy. Developing this ability in students is a priority for all instructors, especially in the statics course.
- Author BiographyDr. Andrew Pytel received his Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, his M.S. in Engineering Mechanics, and his Ph.D in Engineering Mechanics from The Pennsylvania State University. In addition to his career at Penn State University, Dr. Pytel served as an Assistant Professor at the Rochester Institute of Technology in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and as an Assistant Professor at Northeastern University in Boston. He became a full Professor at The Penn State University in 1984 and a Professor Emeritus in 1995. Throughout his career, Dr. Pytel has taught numerous courses and received many honors and awards. He has participated extensively with the American Society for Engineering Education and was named a Fellow of the ASEE in 2008.
- Author(s)Andrew Pytel,Jaan Kiusalaas,Peter Gosling
- PublisherCengage Learning EMEA
- Date of Publication14/12/2000
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCengage Learning EMEA
- Content Noteindex
- Weight1090 g
- Width195 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement2nd New edition of Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.