All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionThere are many text books about engineering design and some include project evaluation techniques. There are text books on accounting methods and yet others on business management. This book does t aim to replace these specialized texts but brings together the elements of these subjects that young engineers working in industry - particularly the construction industry and its customers - need to understand. Most engineers learn about money the hard way: by experience in the workplace. The authors having done this themselves recognized the gap in engineers' education and set out to bridge it. This book is based on a 1996 course George Solt pioneered for final-year engineering undergraduates. The book is written in an approachable style and gives young engineers as well as mature engineers an insight into the way engineering businesses run, the importance of capital and the problems of cash flow.
- Author BiographyRICHARD HILL worked for twenty years in design and proposals in the contracting industry and served as marketing director for a specialist process plant contractor. He now runs his own independent consultancy and lectures at Cranfield University, University College London, and UNESCO-IHE in Delft, Holland. GEORGE SOLT spent thirty years in industrial research and development serving as technical director in two-specialist process plant contracting companies before becoming a full-time academic at Cranfield University and University College London.
- Author(s)George Solt,Richard Hill
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication15/10/2010
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight286 g
- Width166 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.