Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
About this product
- DescriptionEngineering Physics is primarily designed to serve as a textbook for undergraduate students of engineering. It will also serve as a reference book for undergraduate science (B Sc) students, scientists, techlogists, and practitioners of various branches of engineering. The book thoroughly explains all relevant and important topics in an easy-to-understand manner. Beginning with a detailed discussion on optics, the book goes on to discuss waves and oscillations, architectural acoustics, and ultrasonics in Part I. The basic principles of classical mechanics, relativistic mechanics, quantum mechanics, and statistical mechanics are included under Part II. Electromagnetism-related topics, namely dielectric properties, magnetic properties, and electromagnetic field theory are explained under Part III. Part IV provides an in-depth treatment of topics such as X-rays, crystal physics, band theory of solids, and semiconductor physics. It also covers conducting and superconducting materials. Topics such as nuclear physics, radioactivity, and new engineering materials and natechlogy are presented in the last section of the book. The text also contains useful appendices on SI units, important physical and lattice constants, periodic table, and properties of semiconductors and relevant compounds for ready reference. Plenty of solved examples, well-labelled illustrations and chapter-end exercises are provided in every chapter for better understanding of the concepts and their applications.
- Author BiographyD.K. Bhattacharya is Associate Director at Solid State Physics Laboratory Delhi, DRDO. A PhD from the University of Delhi, he has over two decades of experience as a practising semiconductor scientist. He has had a long association with the MEMS Division at the Solid State Physics Laboratory, New Delhi, and currently heads the Hydrophone Group, Ion-implantation Group, Microwave Group, and Instrumentation Group there. Dr Bhattacharya has more than 50 research papers to his credit. He has also co-authored Solid State Electronic Devices for OUP, India. Poonam Tandon is presently Associate Professor, Department of Applied Sciences, Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology (affiliated to IP University, New Delhi. She completed her bachelor's and master's degrees in Physics (Hons) from Hans Raj College, Delhi, and obtained her PhD in Physics from the University of Delhi with CSIR (NET) scholarship. She has over fifteen years of teaching experience in Applied Physics and has been associated with the Delhi University and its affiliated colleges from the beginning of her career. Dr Tandon research interest lies in the field of condensed matter physics. She has published papers for international and national publications in this area.
- Author(s)D. K. Bhattacharya,Poonam Tandon
- PublisherOUP India
- Date of Publication24/09/2015
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintOUP India
- Content Note400
- Weight1138 g
- Width159 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine39 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.