All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionEngland's views are remarkable for their beauty and variety. With his usual insight and authority, bestselling author Simon Jenkins picks 100 of the very best from the white cliffs of Dover to Hadrian's Wall - and explains the fascinating stories behind each. Jenkins' entertaining and erudite entries provide the rich historical, geographical, botanical and architectural background to breathtaking sights - all beautifully illustrated - both iconic and undiscovered. From Gold Hill, the Dorset village street so famously picturesque it was used in a Hovis advert, to the view of the City of London famously depicted by Canaletto and the wilds of the Yorkshire moors. This book will inspire you to discover the treasures of England's sea, city and landscapes for yourself. Filled with roman roads, cliff-tops, follies, mountains, ancient castles, rolling forests and heart-stopping moments, you'll soon wonder how you chose walks, mini-breaks or spontaneous diversions without it. The perfect guide to Britain's landscape - w available in paperback.
- Author BiographySimon Jenkins is the chairman of the National Trust, author of the bestselling A Short History of England  (Profile), England's Thousand Best Churches and England's Thousand Best Houses, the former editor of The Times and Evening Standard and a columnist for the Guardian. He lives in London and can be found on Twitter at: @simonjenkins4.
- Author(s)Simon Jenkins
- PublisherProfile Books Ltd
- Date of Publication03/07/2014
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintProfile Books Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight840 g
- Width153 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.