All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $105.10Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionThe six wives of Henry VIII brought queenship into the early modern era and his daughters, Mary I and Elizabeth I, found themselves in an almost unprecedented position as reigning queens. From these Tudor women to the present, each queen has a unique story to tell. The unhappy Sophia Dorothea of Celle was imprisoned for over thirty years by her husband George I when her affair was discovered and her lover was murdered. Queen Victoria spent her childhood secluded with her overprotective mother, even sharing the same bedroom until the day when she was proclaimed queen and finally freed herself from her mother's control. Nearly eighty women have sat on the throne of England, either as queen regnant or queen consort and the voices of all of them survive through their writings and those of their contemporaries. For the first time, the voices of each individual queen can be heard. This volume charts the course of English queenship from Henry's wives through the Tudors, Stuarts, Haverians, right up to the House of Windsor and our current queen, Elizabeth II.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Norton gained her first degree from the University of Cambridge, and her Masters from the University of Oxford. She has written many books on the Tudors and England's Queens for Amberley. She lives in Kingston Upon Thames.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Norton
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication12/03/2015
- SubjectBiography: Royalty
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note99
- Weight249 g
- Width124 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.