All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.65Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume unites nineteen papers on core topics in linguistics: phonetics and phology, morphology, syntax, and phraseology of English, exploring both synchronic and diachronic aspects of the English language. The papers have been collected to hour D. J. Allerton, who has taken a keen interest in all of these fields throughout his professional life. He has just retired from his professorship at the university of Basel where he has been professor of English linguistics since 1980. The authors of the contributions are colleagues and former students, all of whom felt inspired by his way of doing linguistics. Topics covered range from the Great Vowel Shift to contemporary changes in World Englishes, and from theoretical questions on the sound system and word formation patterns of English to more applied topics in phraseology and the lexicon.
- Author BiographyThe Editor: Cornelia Tschichold studied with D. J. Allerton at the University of Basel and wrote her doctoral dissertation on computational phraseology while being an assistant there. She now works at the University of Neuchatel (Switzerland), where she teaches English linguistics.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/07/2003
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Content Notetables
- Weight580 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Edited byCornelia Tschichold
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.