All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
About this product
- DescriptionDesigned as a reference resource for history studies of the 12th and early 13th centuries, these two volumes are w available in paperback for the wider use of medieval historians. The output of the archbishops' chanceries reveals that the underlying principles of ecclesiastical government were changed t by the turbulent events of the period, but by a gradual evolution of offices, institutions and customs in Latin Christendom. This collection of official acts reflects the unprecedented activity of English prelates of this period in the management of their dioceses, in the transfer of parochial patronage from laymen to religious houses, and in correspondence with the court of Rome.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication04/07/1991
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleEnglish Episcopal Acta
- Series Part/Volume NumberII & III
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Out-of-print date01/04/2009
- Content Note8 plates, bibliography
- Weight1050 g
- Width150 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byB.E.A. Jones,E. John
- Volume editorC.R. Cheney,etc.
- Contained items statement2 Paperbacks
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.