All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis second EEA volume devoted to Durham contains the acta of three bishops. Philip of Poitou (1197-1208) and Richard Marsh (1217-1226) were both controversial and unpopular figures. Richard Poore (1228-1237) - whose time at Salisbury has already been covered in EEA, Volume 19 (0-19-726199-X) - proved to be a more stabilising influence. This edition complements Volume 24, which contains the acta from the period 1153-1195, and includes an extensive introduction to both volumes. Together these two books form an important source for the history of the medieval church in the rth.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2002
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight537 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Volume editorM.G. Snape
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.13
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $55.99
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $21.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.