CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $32.43Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionAdvanced grammar and vocabulary exercise book is an ideal refresher guide for students of Upper Intermediate to Advanced levels of English. It has been compiled for those of you who would like to increase your vocabulary and freshen up on the main grammar points - which is a good idea at all levels of English. Grammar rules are clearly explained after the grammar revision at the final section of the book. Time lines have also been included to clarify meanings. For quick reference the book rounds off with a review of the main tenses, with particular focus on the narrative tenses, which are extremely important for indicating time shifts and background information when writing exam essays. In this book you will also - Learn how to use commonly used words which have the same spelling, the same pronunciation but different meanings. Learn how to use commonly used words which have the same spelling but different pronunciation and meanings. Learn words which have the same pronunciation but different spelling and different meanings. The book deals with several of such words although there are many more. The focus is on those which are most commonly used. Come and Go There is a high frequency of errors among students who are n native to English, when using come and go. Even the most advanced Learner of English, continues to error on these two verbs. Clear distinctions are set out on how to use them, and an exercise is included to reinforce their use. Answers follow each exercise. Verbs such as borrow and lend, bring and take, speak and talk, etc., also create confusion even at higher levels of English. The book deals with how to use these verbs correctly with clear explanations on their use and exercises with readily accessible answers. There are also exercises on how to augment your vocabulary by becoming familiar with suffixes and prefixes - a good idea for any student of an intermediate to an advanced level. More exercises follow to practise paraphrasing (key word transformation) which is extremely important for exams such as First certificate and Cambridge Advanced. An exercise on connectors is also included in the book for those of you who would like to revise their use. As always, answers follow each exercise. English learners continue to make prepositional errors throughout their learning lives. The book includes an extensive verb + preposition section with exercises along with tes on which prepositions to use after certain verbs. Are you continuing to use depend from instead of depend on ? Don't be caught out making such errors typical among n natives. End confusion today.
- Author BiographyJacqueline Melvin is a qualified English language instructor - certified with Cambridge RSA DELTA since 1997. She has also attended numerous seminars throughout the years - held by tutors from Cambridge - to discuss the most effective way of presenting new grammar points to English language learners, how to deal with pronunciation issues and how to speak English with confidence. She has been awarded certificates for phonological and phonemic awareness and is an expert on articulatory phonetics. She has taught students of all nationalities during her teaching career - with excellent results. She has guided students through the various exams including PET, FCE, CAE, CPE, IELTS, TOEFL AND SAT helping them achieve maximum results. Her books have been written to aid ESL students in advancing in their studies of English.
- Author(s)Jacqueline Melvin
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication16/11/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight271 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.