Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.46
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.66
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.62
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.98
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $98.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.03
About this product
- DescriptionThe Theology in Dialogue Series explores the relationship between theology and different, secular academic disciplines which appear within the degree programs of colleges and universities. Each volume begins with a chapter and a reply, providing a thoughtful justification for the interaction of theology and the particular subject. This is followed by a theoretical analysis of this interaction, and a range of case studies illustrating the situation in the classroom. English Literature, Theology and the Curriculum explores the nature and authority of religious writings and their influence on secular literature. What makes it distinctive is the manner in which it investigates the textual dynamic between the two disciplines by combining both theory and case study in a single collection of writings. It discusses interdisciplinary dialogue, offers case studies on literature and theology from Anglo-Saxon verse to the twentieth-century vel, and looks at curriculum considerations. The eminence and breadth of the contributors is outstanding. Praise for English Literature, Theology and the Curriculum: [A] superbly rich collection...as valuable to those involved in literary studies as to theologians. It breathes life and real engagement. Times Educational Supplement. Fascinating and scholarly collection. This is an excellent book. Though some of the chapters are better than others, ne is a dud. Its contributors and editor are to be congratulated.
- Author BiographyLiam Gearon is Lecturer in Religious Education at the University of Oxford, UK, and is Senior Research Fellowship at Harris Manchester College.
- PublisherContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Date of Publication02/09/1999
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleTheology in Dialogue S.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum (formerly Cassell Academic)
- Out-of-print date18/03/2015
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight576 g
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byLiam Gearon
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.