Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.85
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.22
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume on language contact is a corpus-based descriptive and theoretical study of the Polish translations of English one- and multi-word polymorphemic expressions. The formation of loan translations is unique among strategies in lexical development as it involves three processes: borrowing, word-formation and semantic change. The study explores morphosyntactic, semantic and extralinguistic issues in the context of set expressions that are loan translated from a foreign language. It offers a typology of loan translations, loan identification criteria as well as a dictionary of over 500 loan translations from the English language.
- Author BiographyAlicja Witalisz is a Lecturer of English Linguistics at the Pedagogical University of Cracow, Poland. Her field of research is language contact. She publishes on linguistic borrowing from English and specializes in covert borrowing.
- Author(s)Alicja Witalisz
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication16/09/2015
- Series TitleStudies in Language, Culture and Society
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Place of PublicationBern
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight550 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.