English-Russian Dictionary of American Criminal Law by Marina Braun, Galina Clothier (Hardback, 1998)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $160.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $181.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionThis English-Russian legal dictionary covers the most frequently used criminal law termilogy and court-related words and expressions. The terms are listed with Russian equivalents, definitions, and examples of usage in English with Russian translation. The appendix includes up-to-date samples of court documents translated into Russian. This reference will be useful for American-Russian cross-cultural communication involving legal matters, especially criminal law. The demand for a reliable and up-to-date English-Russian legal reference has become evident since the end of the Cold War, which has led to extensive ties with the former Soviet Union in various areas. Particularly, criminal law needs references that bridge cross-cultural communication in the legal arena. The dictionary covers most frequently used legal terms, primarily from criminal law, and other court-related words and expressions. The terms are listed with Russian equivalents, definitions, and examples of usage in English with their Russian translation. The appendix includes current samples of court documents translated into Russian. This dictionary will be of interest to court interpreters, instructors and students of legal translation, and compilers of certification materials, as well as attorneys and law enforcement personnel who deal with Russian-speaking clients.
- Author BiographyMARINA BRAUN, Ph.D, received her education at the Moscow Institute of Foreign Languages where she was Assistant Professor before she moved to the United States./e Her areas of expertise are cross-cultural communication, foreign language teaching, linguistics, and translation. She has over 20 years of experience in college teaching, as well as English/Russian translation and interpreting. She is a court certified interpreter in the states of Oregon and Washington. She is the president of The Russian Center, a consulting and training firm which provides translation, language teaching, and training for interpreters. The courses she teaches also include cultural diversity seminars for lawyers and law enforcement personnel. She is the author of more than 20 publications. GALINA CLOTHIER, M.A., is a specialist in linguistics, theory of translation, and foreign language teaching. She received her education and Master's degree in the Ukraine. She is a professional interpreter and has extensive experience providing translation in various areas: legal, medical, and business. The courses she teaches at various colleges in the Portland Metropolitan area range from Russian culture to English as a Second Language. She is also a language interpreter/translator for the courts and related agencies.
- Author(s)Galina Clothier,Marina Braun
- Date of Publication30/07/1998
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, forms
- Weight717 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.