Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionEnglish Skills with Readings emphasizes personalized learning to address student deficits in grammar and mechanics. Powered by Connect Writing, students gain access to an adaptive personalized learning plan which helps them become more aware of what they already kw and what they need to practice to prepare themselves for college-level writing.
- Author BiographyJohn Langan has taught reading and writing at Atlantic Cape Community College near Atlantic City, New Jersey, for more than twenty-five years. The author of a popular series of college textbooks on both writing and reading, John enjoys the challenge of developing materials that teach skills in an especially clear and lively way. Before teaching, he earned advanced degrees in writing at Rutgers University and in reading at Rowan University. He also spent a year writing fiction that, he says, is now at the back of a drawer waiting to be discovered and acclaimed posthumously. While in school, he supported himself by working as a truck driver, a machinist, a battery assembler, a hospital attendant, and an apple packer. John now lives with his wife, Judith Nadell, near Philadelphia. In addition to his wife and Philly sports teams, his passions include reading and turning on nonreaders to the pleasure and power of books. Through Townsend Press, his educational publishing company, he has developed the nonprofit Townsend Library, a collection of more than a hundred new and classic stories.
- Author(s)John Langan,Zoe L. Albright
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/02/2014
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Series TitleDevelopmental English
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight932 g
- Width190 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement9th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.