All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
About this product
- DescriptionDESCRIPTION: These word scramble puzzles consist of pairs of English and Spanish words where the letters have been scrambled. In each pair, the first word is a common English word and the second word is its Spanish equivalent. Solve each puzzle by rearranging the letters to form the matching English and Spanish words. For example, consider the following pair of English-Spanish word scrambles: LOHEL/OHAL. Rearranging the letters LOHEL, we can form the English word HELLO; and unscrambling the letters OHAL, we can form the corresponding Spanish word HOLA. LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY: You need to have familiarity with vocabulary words from Spanish 1 in order to be able to unscramble the Spanish words. Once you have unscrambled both words in a puzzle, seeing the words that go together - one English, one Spanish - will help to reinforce your Spanish-English vocabulary. ORGANIZATION: All of the answers in each puzzle are related in some way. For example, they might all be days of the week, or they might be feelings. Kwing that the words are related may help you unscramble any words that you don't see right away. HINTS/ANSWERS: There are separate sections of hints and answers at the back of the book. The hints section provides just the first letter of each word. This can be useful if you just need a little help. Complete answers are provided in the answers section. You might want to place a folded sheet of paper here so that you can check the current puzzle's answers without spoiling other puzzles.
- Author BiographyChris McMullen and Carolyn Kivett are two word scramble puzzle lovers who teamed up to write a variety of word puzzle books. CHRIS MCMULLEN holds a Ph.D. in theoretical high-energy physics (aka particle physics) from Oklahoma State University. He teaches physics at Northwestern State University of Louisiana. In addition to solving verbal and math puzzles, he enjoys playing chess and golf and writing books in his spare time. CAROLYN KIVETT loves solving verbal puzzles, such as anagrams and crossword puzzles. She runs a small business in southern California where she manufactures covers for outdoor entertainment centers and golf cart enclosures from scratch. She enjoys the challenge of sewing materials into new geometric shapes, which is a three-dimensional visual puzzle. She loves to collect teddy bears and sunflowers, and also enjoys playing golf.
- Author(s)Annabel Castaneda,Carolyn Kivett,Chris McMullen
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication26/12/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLanguage Learning: Self Study
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.