All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis textbook, first published in 2004, provides a concise, clear, and accessible introduction to current syntactic theory, drawing on the key concepts of Chomsky's Minimalist Program. Assuming little or prior grammatical kwledge, Andrew Radford takes students through a wide range of topics in English syntax, beginning at an elementary level and progressing in stages towards more advanced material. There is an extensive glossary of technical terms, and each chapter contains a workbook section with 'helpful hints', exercises and model answers, suitable for both class discussion and self-study. This is an abridged version of Radford's major new textbook Minimalist Syntax (also published by Cambridge University Press), and will be welcomed as a short introduction to current syntactic theory.
- Author BiographyAndrew Radford is Professor of Linguistics at the University of Essex.
- Author(s)Andrew Radford
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2004
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note2 b/w illus. 3 tables
- Weight830 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.