All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.52Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.45Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
About this product
- DescriptionEnglish Teaching and New Literacies Pedagogy: Interpreting and Authoring Digital Multimedia Narratives is about the fusion of media and narrative, and explores theoretical and practical dimensions of young people's engagement with contemporary forms of text. It showcases a range of critical interpretative approaches for integrating multimedia narratives into English teaching contexts, including animated films such as Shaun Tan's The Lost Thing, digital vels such as Inanimate Alice and 5 Haitis, and a virtual treatment of Shakespeare's Macbeth. English teachers across grade levels will recognize the valuing of literature and will appreciate the practical pedagogy and fostering of creativity as students are encouraged to explore new forms of narrative. In the context of developing expertise in kwing how multimodal texts work, students can apply that kwledge in their own authoring of digital multimedia narratives.
- Author BiographyLen Unsworth is Professor in English and Literacies Education at the Australian Catholic University in Sydney. He completed his PhD in applied linguistics at the University of Sydney. His related books include e-Literature for Children and Reading Visual Narratives (with Clare Painter and J. R. Martin). Angela Thomas is a senior lecturer in English education at the University of Tasmania. She completed her PhD at Charles Darwin University. Her books include Youth Online: Identity and Literacy in the Digital Age and Children's Literature and Computer-Based Teaching, which she co-authored.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication31/07/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleNew Literacies and Digital Epistemologies
- Series Part/Volume Number61
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight500 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAngela Thomas,Len Unsworth
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.