All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.22Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionEnglish Teaching in the Secondary School is a comprehensive guide to the theory and practice of teaching English. This updated 4th edition has been revised to take into consideration changes in national policy, drawing on the most recent research and theory to produce engaging, practical ideas for use in the classroom. It challenges mechanistic and formulaic approaches to teaching, instead placing an emphasis on reflection, understanding and informed practice. Guiding students and new teachers through the whole process of English teaching in the secondary school, this edition has been fully updated to include: * a report of the most recent developments in national policy * discussion of multiple literacies and critical literacy * a new chapter on English as an additional language * a new chapter on cross curricular themes * new sections on approaches to the teaching of grammar * reflections on international developments in language teaching and their relevance * a guide to further reading on resources and research Written in an accessible style, with a wealth of advice and ideas, English Teaching in the Secondary School forms essential reading for all those training to become secondary English teachers.
- Author BiographyMike Fleming is Emeritus Professor of Education in the School of Education, Durham University. David Stevens is PGCE English tutor in the School of Education, Durham University.
- Author(s)David Stevens,Mike Fleming
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/05/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note9 black & white tables, 3 black & white line drawings
- Weight703 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.