Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a groundbreaking perspective on the political, cultural and pedagogical issues of English in the age of globalization. Additionaly it addresses theoretical concepts as they relate to language and globalization while simulataneously creating new perspectives on the issues. The fifteen papers that make up this collection present valuable information about the English language in Hong Kong and China. Including pioneering works that examine how language functions as a mediating agent in the global cultural formation, and vice versa.
- Author BiographyKwok-kan Tam is a professor at the department of English at the Chinese University of Hong Kong. His areas of research include globalization and postcolonial studies, language and subjectivity, comparative literature and culture, drama, and psychoanalysis. </p>Timothy Weiss, also a professor at the department of English at the Chinese University of Hong Kong. His recent focus has been on postcolonial literature, world literature in English, and comparative literature.</p>
- PublisherThe Chinese University Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2004
- Place of PublicationHong Kong
- Country of PublicationHong Kong
- ImprintThe Chinese University Press
- Weight590 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byTam Kwok-Kan,Timothy Weiss
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.