Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
About this product
- DescriptionEnglish for Banking in Higher Education Studies The Garnet Education English for Specific Academic Purposes series won the Duke of Edinburgh English Speaking Union English Language Book Award in 2009. English for Banking is a skills-based course designed specifically for students of banking who are about to enter English-medium tertiary level studies. It provides carefully graded practice and progression in the key academic skills that all students need, such as listening to lectures and speaking in seminars. It also equips students with the specialist banking language they need to participate successfully within a banking studies faculty. Extensive listening exercises come from banking lectures, and all reading texts are taken from the same field of study. There is also a focus throughout on the key banking vocabulary that students will need. The Teacher's Book includes: * Comprehensive teaching tes on all exercises to help teachers prepare effective lessons * Complete answer keys to all exercises * Full transcripts of listening exercises *Facsimiles of Course Book pages at the appropriate point in each unit *Photocopiable resource pages and ideas for additional activities The Garnet English for Specific Academic Purposes series covers a range of academic subjects. All titles present the same skills and vocabulary points. Teachers can therefore deal with a range of ESAP courses at the same time, kwing that each subject title will focus on the same key skills and follow the same structure. Key Features * Systematic approach to developing academic skills through relevant content. * Focus on receptive skills (reading and listening) to activate productive skills (writing and speaking) in subject area. * Eight-page units combine language and academic skills teaching. * Vocabulary and academic skills bank in each unit for reference and revision. * Audio CDs for further self-study or homework. * Ideal coursework for EAP teachers.
- Author BiographyMarie McLisky is the author of English for Banking in Higher Education Studies and English for Public Relations in Higher Education Studies in the ESAP series. She holds an MA (Sociology) and M.Ed (educational Technology and TESOL). Marie tutored Sociology at the University of Auckland, New Zealand, then at the University of Maryland (Asian Division) in Korea. While in Korea, Marie gained her RSA Certificate in TEFLA, and worked as an ESOL instructor to Korean university students and adults. In 1992, Marie moved to Indonesia to work as an English language instructor and trainer for the British Council, and as a certified examiner for the IELTS exam. Her work in Indonesia included ESP and ESAP materials development. While working in Indonesia, she completed the RSA Diploma in TEFLA, and her MEd. at the University of Manchester. Since her return to New Zealand, Marie has worked in a variety of roles, including teacher trainer on the Trinity College Certificate in TESOL Course. Terry Phillips has worked in ELT for more than 35 years as a teacher, teaching supervisor, manager and language school owner. As a consultant, he has worked in more than 20 countries in all parts of the world, advising state and private language institutions on all aspects of school management. For the last ten years, he has been a full time freelance writer with his wife Anna, producing more than 160 published books in ELT. Although he and Anna have worked for all the major publishers, all recent works have been for Garnet Education. Terry is the series editor of the English for Specific Academic Purposes series for Garnet Education, which aims to prepare students to entry into a particular faculty for English-medium tertiary education. The series won the ESU award in 2009.
- Author(s)Marie McLisky
- PublisherGarnet Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2008
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Series TitleEnglish for Specific Academic Purposes
- Place of PublicationReading
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGarnet Education
- Content Noteblack and white tables and illustrations
- Weight670 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Series Edited byTerry Phillips
- Format DetailsSewn
- Edition StatementTeacher's Edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.