Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionEnglish for Psychology in Higher Education Studies The Garnet Education English for Specific Academic Purposes series won the Duke of Edinburgh English Speaking Union English Language Book Award in 2009. English for Psychology is a skills-based course designed specifically for students of psychology who are about to enter English-medium tertiary level studies. It provides carefully graded practice and progression in the key academic skills that all students need, such as listening to lectures and speaking in seminars. It also equips students with the specialist language they need to participate successfully within a psychology faculty. Extensive listening exercises come from psychology lectures, and all reading texts are taken from the same field of study. There is also a focus throughout on the key psychology vocabulary that students will need. The Teacher's Book includes: * Comprehensive teaching tes on all exercises to help teachers prepare effective lessons * Complete answer keys to all exercises * Full transcripts of listening exercises *Facsimiles of Course Book pages at the appropriate point in each unit *Photocopiable resource pages and ideas for additional activities The Garnet English for Specific Academic Purposes series covers a range of academic subjects. All titles present the same skills and vocabulary points. Teachers can therefore deal with a range of ESAP courses at the same time, kwing that each subject title will focus on the same key skills and follow the same structure. Key Features * Systematic approach to developing academic skills through relevant content. * Focus on receptive skills (reading and listening) to activate productive skills (writing and speaking) in subject area. * Eight-page units combine language and academic skills teaching. * Vocabulary and academic skills bank in each unit for reference and revision. * Audio CDs for further self-study or homework. * Ideal coursework for EAP teachers.
- Author BiographyJane Short graduated in English from the University of Southampton, and started her career in English language teaching with VSO in Thailand. She has a PGCE from University College, London and an MA in TEFL from the University of Reading. She lived in Venezuela for over 20 years, where she taught English in industry and business. Between 1997 and 2003, she also taught English literature and language teaching methodology at the Universidad Pedagogica El Libertador in Barquisimeto. Since 2003, she has lectured in English for Academic Purposes at the University of Kent, where she is currently Director of In-sessional English language provision. She is the author of the IELTS Graduation: Teacher's Book and co-author of the IELTS Graduation: Study Skills Pack, published by Macmillan Education. Jane has written the Psychology title in the award-winning ESAP series which was published in 2010. Terry Phillips has worked in ELT for more than 35 years as a teacher, teaching supervisor, manager and language school owner. As a consultant, he has worked in more than 20 countries in all parts of the world, advising state and private language institutions on all aspects of school management. For the last ten years, he has been a full time freelance writer with his wife Anna, producing more than 160 published books in ELT. Although he and Anna have worked for all the major publishers, all recent works have been for Garnet Education. Terry is the series editor of the English for Specific Academic Purposes series for Garnet Education, which aims to prepare students to entry into a particular faculty for English-medium tertiary education. The series won the ESU award in 2009.
- Author(s)Jane Short
- PublisherGarnet Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication30/06/2010
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Series TitleEnglish for Specific Academic Purposes
- Place of PublicationReading
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGarnet Education
- Content Noteblack and white tables and illustrations
- Weight725 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Series Edited byTerry Phillips
- Format DetailsSewn
- Edition StatementTeacher's Edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.