All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $20.02Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionFully revised and updated, this new edition of <i>English in Practice</i> continues to be an essential practical guide to studying English at University. It is for all those who are about to embark on an English degree or are in the midst of completing one, and for those who want to re-engage with their reasons for teaching it. <br/><br/>The second edition w includes new chapters offering practical advice on writing undergraduate dissertations and on taking your studies beyond undergraduate level, as well as a thoroughly updated chapter on getting the most of out of online resources. Written by an experienced writer and teacher, the book also covers such topics as: <br/><br/> Reading and interpretation<br/> English and Creative Writing<br/> Literary criticism and theory<br/> The English language<br/> Exploring historical contexts<br/> Constructing an essay<br/><br/>Including an antated guide to further reading, <i>English in Practice</i> is an important resource for students keen to succeed in their study of English at University.
- Author BiographyPeter Barry is Professor of English at Aberystwyth University, UK. He is author of Literature in Contexts (2007) and Reading Poetry (2012).
- Author(s)Emeritus Professor of English Peter Barry
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication19/12/2013
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2nd annotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.