All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.92
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of essays addresses problem solving, decision making, critical thinking, and various conceptions of the learning and thinking process as well as suggestions on how to facilitate these within the academic and business domains. Included are current points of view on the nature of learning and thinking from a wide representation of international sources. The book provides an overview of cognitive science; a discussion of the theoretical underpinnings of higher order thinking; developed programs for the enhancement of thinking skills in elementary, secondary, and college populations; essays on reading and arithmetic, as well as history, physical education, and social competence; a discussion of the role and development of thinking skills in the business domain; essays emphasizing that creative thinking is within the reach of almost anyone; and a global perspective on the nature and development of thinking through a presentation of the common and variant philosophical orientations of eastern and western thought. This book will be valuable to educators, teachers, and educational psychologists, as well as to others who wish to improve the cognitive and life skills of school children.
- Author BiographyROBERT F. MULCAHY is a Professor of Educational Psychology at the University of Alberta. ROBERT H. SHORT is also a Professor of Educational Psychology at the University of Alberta. JAC ANDREWS is a Professor of Psychology at the University of Calgary.
- Date of Publication30/11/1991
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight600 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byJac Andrews,Robert F. Mulcahy,Robert H. Short
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.