Enhancing Self-esteem: A Self-esteem Training Package for Individuals with Disabilities by Scope, Nick Hagiliassis, Hrepsime Gulbenkoglu (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $54.39Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $34.67+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMaintaining healthy levels of self-esteem is key to leading a positive and fulfilled life, but for many people with a disability it can be difficult when faced with the additional challenges they encounter. Negative messages, low expectations, reduced opportunities and discrimination are all facts of life for a large number of people, and these factors can have a serious impact on the development of self-esteem. Enhancing Self-Esteem is unique in being tailored specifically to meet the needs of adults with disabilities. It is a comprehensive resource that provides relevant, cognitively-suitable and age-appropriate information and exercises to aid trainers working with adults with physical and multiple disabilities, and is suitable for people with mild intellectual disability and severe communication impairment. The material is designed to be used in 10 two-hour sessions that explore skills that will help to develop and maintain self-esteem. Each session is fully scripted, with comprehensive instructions for the trainer and useful photocopiable hand-outs. Enhancing Self-Esteem is an essential resource that will be valued by any trainer working with disabled people.
- Author BiographyNick Hagiliassis is a psychologist with eight years' experience in the disability field. He completed a BSc and an MPsych at Monash University, Melbourne, Australia, and currently works as the Discipline Specific Advisor (Psychology) with the Statewide Specialist Services team with Scope (Vic.) Ltd., and also provides direct services to children and adults with disabilities and their families. Nick's clinical and research interests are in the areas of psychological assessment and learning disabilities. Hrepsime Gulbenkoglu is a psychologist with 22 years' experience in the physical and multiple disabilities area. She has a B.A and postgraduate qualification in Psychology from the University of Istanbul, Turkey. She as worked with children and adults with disabilities and their families in Australia and overseas providing psychological assessment, behavioural intervention and counselling services. She works as a senior clinician with the Statewide Specialist Services team with Scope (Vic.) Ltd. providing external consultancies, direct services and training. Scope (Vic) Ltd is a non-profit organisation providing disability services throughout Melbourne and Victoria, Australia, to over thousands of children and adults with physical and multiple disabilities. Many more people make use of Scope's information, support and assessment services.
- Author(s)Hrepsime Gulbenkoglu,Nick Hagiliassis,Scope
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication01/04/2005
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight335 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine9 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.52Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.