All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.81Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
About this product
- DescriptionIn today's climate of multi-professional working, this book examines how children from the ages of 3 to 11 are educated, in the educational and social context of the Every Child Matters (ECM) agenda. There are chapters dedicated to the five outcomes of Every Child Matters (which are: being healthy; staying safe; enjoying and achieving; making a positive contribution; achieving ecomic wellbeing), as well as comprehensive guidance on how to ensure the ECM standards are met. However, this book also looks at the broader scope of how children learn in early years settings and primary schools, and is written at a level that enables the reader to develop their own kwledge and understanding. Issues discussed include: - social justice; - diversity and inclusion; - the child in society; - working with families. Case studies are provided in each chapter, along with activities, suggestions for further reading and useful websites. Suitable for Childhood Studies and Education Studies courses, and for teaching assistants studying for a Foundation Degree or Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) status, the content is equally relevant for teacher-training courses and practising teachers. Gianna Kwles is a Senior Lecturer at the University of Chichester.
- Author BiographyGianna Knowles is Principle Lecturer and Head of Partnership (Initial Teacher Education) at London South Bank University . She has also worked with teacher trainee students from across Europe at the University of Jonkoping in Sweden. Before working in Higher Education Gianna gained over 12 years experience of teaching in primary schools in England, in London and the Midlands. She has worked in Local Authority Advisory services, working with individual teachers and whole-schools staffs to develop school wide practice and policy. Gianna has experience of being an OfSTED Inspector and reviewer for the Quality Assurance Agency. Her research interest is in the area of social justice, inclusion and diversity.
- Author(s)Gianna Knowles
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication18/04/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.