All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe morning after a gruelling psychotherapy session in a Warsaw monastery, Henryk Telak is found dead, a roasting spit stuck in one eye. The case lands on the desk of State Prosecutor Teodor Szacki. World-weary, suffering from bureaucratic exhaustion and marital ennui, Szacki feels that life has passed him by, but this case changes everything. He must steer his way among a gallery of colourful characters: a flirtatious young journalist, an eccentric psychiatrist, a lecherous police colleague and a paraid historian. Szacki's search for the killer unearths ather murder that took place twenty years earlier, before the fall of Communism. The trail leads to facts that, for his own safety, he'd be better off t kwing.
- Author BiographyZygmunt MiAoszewski, born in Warsaw in 1975, is a reporter and editor currently working for Newsweek. His first novel, The Intercom, was published in 2005 to high acclaim. In 2006 he published his novel for young readers, The Adder Mountains, and in 2007 the crime novel Entanglement. The author is now working on screenplays based on The Intercom and Entanglement. He is currently also writing a sequel to the latter, also featuring Teodor Szacki .
- Author(s)Zygmunt Miloszewski
- PublisherBitter Lemon Press
- Date of Publication13/05/2010
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBitter Lemon Press
- Weight280 g
- Width130 mm
- Height194 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Translated byAntonia Lloyd-Jones
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.63Trending at AU $53.55
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.69
- AU $89.19Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $24.72
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.