All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1995, David Hay published Data Model Patterns: Conventions of Thought -- the groundbreaking book on how to use standard data models to describe the standard business situations. This book builds on the concepts presented there, adds 15 years of practical experience, and presents a more comprehensive view. You will learn how to apply both the abstract and concrete elements of your enterprise's architectural data model through four levels of abstraction: Level 0: An abstract template that underlies the Level 1 model that follows, plus two meta models; Level 1: An enterprise model that is generic eugh to apply to any company or government agency, but concrete eugh to be readily understood by all; Level 2: A more detailed model describing specific functional areas; Level 3: Examples of the details a model can have to address what is truly unique in a particular industry.
- Author BiographySince the early 1980s, David Hay has been a pioneer in the use of process and data models to support strategic planning, requirements analysis, and system design. He has developed enterprise models for many industries, including, among others, pharmaceutical research, oil refining and production, film and television, and nuclear energy. In each case, he found the relatively simple structures hidden in formidably complex situations. He has published several books and numerous articles and he is a frequent speaker at professional society conferences.
- Author(s)David C. Hay
- PublisherTechnics Publications LLC
- Date of Publication15/04/2011
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationBradley Beach
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTechnics Publications LLC
- Content Notediagrams
- Weight1354 g
- Width255 mm
- Height175 mm
- Spine43 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.82Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.