All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionNearly all Java EE Application Servers w use OSGi in their runtimes, greatly improving efficiency, fault tolerance, and security. The new OSGi Enterprise Specification and projects such as Apache Aries and Geronimo, that provide pluggable OSGi components, make it easier than ever to use OSGi's powerful, elegant, and mature modularity system in enterprise applications. Enterprise OSGi in Action is a hands-on guide for developers using OSGi to build the next generation of enterprise Java applications. By presenting relevant examples and case studies, it guides readers through the maze of new standards and projects, arming them with the kwledge to build and deploy enterprise OSGi applications, use automatic dependency provisioning, provide enterprise qualities of service to their business logic, and make use of the Java EE techlogies they kw and love. ABOUT THE TECHNOLOGY Enterprise OSGi offers a new approach to building modular and dynamic business applications. This modularity lets pieces of the application be reused or extended in a simple, reliable way. Importantly, despite the new concepts, techlogies from Enterprise Java can still be used, often with changes to the original code.
- Author BiographyHolly Cummins is a committer on the Apache Aries project and a software engineer on the IBM WebSphere team. She speaks and writes at developerWorks, Devoxx, JavaZone, The ServerSide Java Symposium, and WebSphere User Groups. Tim Ward is a design and development lead for IBM's OSGi Applications support in WebSphere. He's on the OSGi Alliance Core Platform and Enterprise Expert Groups and is a member of the Project Management Committee for the Apache Aries project.
- Author(s)Holly Cummins
- PublisherManning Publications
- Date of Publication25/04/2013
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintManning Publications
- Weight660 g
- Width188 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.