All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.55
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $37.61
- AU $21.10Trending at AU $23.80
About this product
- Description<p>Essential insights on the various aspects of enterprise risk management<p>If you want to understand enterprise risk management from some of the leading academics and practitioners of this exciting new methodology, Enterprise Risk Management is the book for you. Through in-depth insights into what practitioners of this evolving business practice are actually doing as well as anticipating what needs to be taught on the topic, John Fraser and Betty Simkins have sought out the leading experts in this field to clearly explain what enterprise risk management is and how you can teach, learn, and implement these leading practices within the context of your business activities. In this book, the authors take a broad view of ERM, or what is called a holistic approach to ERM.<p>Enterprise Risk Management introduces you to the wide range of concepts and techniques for managing risk in a holistic way that correctly identifies risks and prioritizes the appropriate responses. This invaluable guide offers a broad overview of the different types of techniques: the role of the board, risk tolerances, risk profiles, risk workshops, and allocation of resources, while focusing on the principles that determine business success. This comprehensive resource also provides a thorough introduction to enterprise risk management as it relates to credit, market, and operational risk, as well as the evolving requirements of the rating agencies and their importance to the overall risk management in a corporate setting. Filled with helpful tables and charts, Enterprise Risk Management offers a wealth of kwledge on the drivers, the techniques, the benefits, as well as the pitfalls to avoid, in successfully implementing enterprise risk management. * Discusses the history of risk management and more recently developed enterprise risk management practices and how you can prudently implement these techniques within the context of your underlying business activities * Provides coverage of topics such as the role of the chief risk officer, the use of anymous voting techlogy, and risk indicators and their role in risk management * Explores the culture and practices of enterprise risk management without getting bogged down by the mathematics surrounding the more conventional approaches to financial risk management<p>This informative guide will help you unlock the incredible potential of enterprise risk management, which has been described as a proxy for good management.
- Author BiographyJohn Fraser is the Vice President, Internal Audit, and Chief Risk Officer of Hydro One Networks Inc. He is an Ontario and Canadian Chartered Accountant, a Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (U.K.), a Certified Internal Auditor, and a Certified Information Systems Auditor. Fraser has more than 30 years' experience in the risk and control field, mostly in the financial services sector. He is currently the Chair of the Advisory Committee of the Conference Board of Canada's Strategic Risk Council and a Practitioner Associate Editor of the Journal of Applied Finance. Betty J. Simkins, PhD, is the Williams Companies Professor of Business and Professor of Finance at Oklahoma State University. She has published more than 40 journal articles and book chapters. Many of these articles are on the topics of risk management and enterprise risk management. Simkins is also active in the finance profession and currently serves on the board of directors for the Financial Management Association, as co-editor of the Journal of Applied Finance, as Executive Editor of FMA Online, and as past president of the Eastern Finance Association. Prior to entering academia, she worked for ConocoPhillips and Williams Companies.
- Author(s)Robert W. Kolb
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication26/01/2010
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleRobert W. Kolb Series
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1210 g
- Width178 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Edited byBetty Simkins,John Fraser
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.