All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.99Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides readers an understanding of the implementation of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) for international construction operations. In an extended case study, it primarily focuses on Chinese construction firms (CCFs) based in Singapore. In this regard, the book explains the differences and similarities between Risk Management (RM), Project Risk Management (PRM) and ERM in the construction industry, and examines their linkages for international construction operations in a broader context. The explanation elaborates on how companies may adopt and implement RM, PRM and ERM as appropriate in their various operations, both in their home market as well as in overseas host markets. The book also reviews the whole spectrum of work relating to organizational behavior (OB) as one of the key underpinnings for companies to evaluate and implement ERM. It will benefit practitioners from the industry as well as academics interested in the implementation of ERM practices in international construction operations.
- Author BiographyDr. Zhao Xianbo is a Lecturer of the Built Environment Program in the School of Engineering and Technology, Central Queensland University, Australia. He holds a PhD degree from the National University of Singapore, as well as Master and Bachelor degrees from Southeast University, China. Dr Zhao's current research interests are in the areas of risk management, sustainable construction, as well as construction rework and productivity. He is a winner of the Excellent Paper Award at the 19th International Symposium on the Advancement of Construction Management & Real Estate (2014). Dr. Hwang Bon-Gang is an Associate Professor of Building in the School of Design and Environment, National University of Singapore where he currently serves as Program Director (BSc, Project and Facilities Management). Based on his industry experiences in South Korea and USA, he has been teaching and doing research actively in the areas of risk management, performance assessment and improvement, and management strategies and innovations for green construction projects. He received his MSc and PhD degrees from the University of Texas at Austin, USA. Dr. Low Sui Pheng is presently Professor of Building in the School of Design and Environment, National University of Singapore where he has previously served as Head and Vice-Dean. He teaches construction project management and has published, researched and consulted extensively both in Singapore and overseas. A Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Building, he holds a DSc degree from the University of Birmingham and a PhD degree from University College London. He currently serves as Director for the Centre for Project Management and Construction Law.
- Author(s)Bon-Gang Hwang,Sui Pheng Low,Xianbo Zhao
- PublisherSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Date of Publication20/05/2015
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Content Note31 black & white illustrations, 32 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight672 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.