All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
About this product
- DescriptionThe idea of writing this book was conceived when, in the late 1960s, I began teaching a senior undergraduate class in general entomology. I soon realized that there was suitable text for the class I intended to give. The so-called general or introductory texts reflected the traditional taxomic approach to entomology and contained relatively little information on the physiology and ecology of insects. This does t mean that there were books containing such information. There were several, but these were so specialized and de- tailed that their use in an introductory class was limited. I hold a strong belief that an undergraduate general entomology course should provide a balanced treatment of the subject. Thus, although some time should be devoted to taxomy, including identification (best done in the laboratory, using primar- ily material which students themselves have collected, supplemented with specimens from the general collection), appropriate time should be given also to discussion of the evolution, development, physiology, and ecology of in- sects. In the latter category I include the interactions between insects and Man because it is important to stress that these interactions follow rmal ecological principles. Naturally, the format of this book reflects this belief. The book has been arranged in four sections, each of which necessarily overlaps with the others.
- Author(s)Cedric Gillot
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication16/12/2012
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note326 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight1399 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine38 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.