All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by bestselling author Manuel Molles and acclaimed science journalist Brendan Borrell, this new textbook gives n-major students the scientific foundation they need to understand environmental issues and think critically about possible solutions. Molles and Borrell make clear the connections between research and real-world problems with a science/issues/solutions framework for each chapter. This unique approach reinforces a positive, solutions-based framework for the science, empowering students to feel that they can have an impact on preserving biodiversity, protecting natural resources, addressing pollution hazards, confronting climate change, and more.Environment: Science, Issues, Solutions is accompanied by its own dedicated version of LaunchPad, an online course space bringing together all of the book's teaching and learning media, including graphing exercises, assignable video activities, and more. Together, the text and LaunchPad provide a seamless learning experience for students, and a reliable assessment mechanism for instructors and programs.
- Author BiographyManuel Molles is Professor Emeritus of Biology at the University of New Mexico, where he has been a member of the faculty and Curator for the Museum of Southwestern Biology since 1975. Brendan Borrell is a biologist and journalist who has written about science and the environment for a dozens of outlets including Bloomberg Businessweek, Outside, Nature, New York Times, Scientific American, and Smithsonian. His reporting at home and abroad has given him a first-hand view of some of the most pressing environmental issues of today.
- Author(s)Manuel Molles
- PublisherW.H.Freeman & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication26/02/2016
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintW.H.Freeman & Co Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1102 g
- Width231 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.