Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
About this product
- DescriptionA timely, hands on guide to environmental issues and regulatory standards for the petroleum industry. Environmental analysis and testing methods are an integral part of any current and future refining activities. Today's petroleum refining industry must be prepared to meet a growing number of challenges, both environmental and regulatory. Environmental Analysis and Techlogy for the Refining Industry focuses on the analytical issues inherent in any environmental monitoring or cleanup program as they apply to today's petroleum industry, t only during the refining process, but also during recovery operations, transport, storage, and utilization. Designed to help today's industry professionals identify test methods for monitoring and cleanup of petroleum based pollutants, the book provides examples of the application of environmental regulations to petroleum refining and petroleum products, as well as current and proposed methods for the mitigation of environmental effects and waste management. Part I introduces petroleum techlogy, refining, and products, and reviews the menclature used by refiners, environmental scientists, and engineers. Part II discusses environmental techlogy and analysis, and provides information on environmental regulation and the impact of refining. Coverage includes: in depth descriptions of analyses related to gaseous emissions, liquid effluents, and solid waste; a checklist of relevant environmental regulations; numerous real world examples of the application of environmental regulations to petroleum refining and petroleum products; and, an analysis of current and proposed methods of environmental protection and waste management.
- Author BiographyJAMES G. SPEIGHT, PHD, is an author, consultant, and lecturer on energy and environmental issues. He has written nearly thirty books, including Handbook of Petroleum Analysis, Handbook of Petroleum Product Analysis, and Handbook of Coal Analysis, all published by Wiley.
- Author(s)James D. Winefordner,James G. Speight
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication23/09/2005
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleChemical Analysis: A Series of Monographs on Analytical Chemistry and its Applications
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight614 g
- Width162 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.