All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe field of environmental crimilogy is a staple theoretical framework in contemporary crimilogical theory. With this book, Martin Andresen presents the first comprehensive and sole-authored textbook on this influential and compelling school of crimilogical thought. He covers a wide range of topics, including: * the origins of environmental crimilogy; * the primary theoretical frameworks, such as routine activity theory, geometric theory of crime, rational choice theory, and the pattern theory of crime; * the practical application of environmental crimilogy; * an examination of how theories are operationalized and tested; * policy implications for the practice of crime prevention. As well as these popular topics , Andresen also discusses also a number of topics that are at the leading edge of research within environmental crimilogy. This text will be ideal for courses on crime prevention, where students are often encouraged to consider policy problems and apply theory to practice. This book offers up environmental crimilogy as a theoretical framework for making sense of complex neighbourhood problems, meaning that it will be perfect for modules on geography of crime, crime analysis and indeed, environmental crimilogy. It would also be a good supplement for courses on crimilogical theory.
- Author BiographyMartin A. Andresen is an Associate Professor in the School of Criminology and Institute for Canadian Urban Research Studies at Simon Fraser University. He is also an Associate Member of the Department of Geography at Simon Fraser University, a Member of the Crime and Place Working Group in the Center for Evidence-Based Crime Policy at George Mason University, and an Editorial Advisory Board Member for the Canadian Journal of Criminology and Criminal Justice. He has published over 60 peer-reviewed journal articles and book chapters on environmental criminology, spatial crime analysis, and the geography of crime.
- Author(s)Martin A. Andresen
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/03/2014
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note68 black & white illustrations, 7 black & white tables, 68 black & white line drawings
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.