Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.39Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.13Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionThis text provides an analysis and investigation of the most essential areas of environmental theory and policy, including international environmental problems. The approach is based on standard theoretical tools, in particular equilibrium analysis, and aims to demonstrate how ecomic principles can help to understand environmental issues and guide policymakers. Current topics including climate change, overfishing and integrated approaches to environmental policies are carefully analyzed in this framework, and a multitude of practical examples from various parts of the world is presented.
- Author BiographyHans Wiesmeth, born in 1950, is Professor of Economics at Dresden University of Technology. From 2005 to 2010 he was on leave to act as Dean of HHL - Leizpig Graduate School of Management. Before joining Dresden University of Technology in 1992 he had a professorship in economics at University of Bonn and visiting professorships in Canada. He was appointed President of DIU Dresden International University in September 2010. Hans Wiesmeth served as Vice-Rector Research at Dresden University of Technology for seven years from 1993. From 2000 through 2003 he was the Founding Director of BIOTEC, the Biotechnological Centre at Dresden University of Technology. He is a member of the Saxon Academy of Sciences to Leipzig, Section of Engineering Sciences. His research interests range from general equilibrium theory to environmental economcis, and include areas such as allocation of global public commodities on the one hand and extended producer responsibility on the other. Since 2000 Hans Wiesmeth has participated - both as coordinator and partner - in several Asia-Link and Asia-Pro Eco Projects of the European Union with a focus on environmental protection in general and waste management and renewable energies in particular.
- Author(s)Hans Wiesmeth
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication28/11/2013
- LanguageEnglish & German
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleSpringer Texts in Business and Economics
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note7 black & white tables, biography
- Weight504 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.