All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionThis unique study of social harm offers a systematic and critical discussion of the nature of environmental harm from an eco-justice perspective, challenging conventional crimilogical definitions of environmental harm. The book evaluates three interconnected justice-related approaches to environmental harm: environmental justice (humans), ecological justice (the environment) and species justice (n-human animals). It provides a critical assessment of environmental harm by interrogating key concepts and exploring how activists and social movements engage in the pursuit of justice. It concludes by describing the tensions between the different approaches and the importance of developing an eco-justice framework that to some extent can reconcile these differences. Using empirical evidence built on theoretical foundations with examples and illustrations from many national contexts, 'Environmental harm' will be of interest to students and academics in crimilogy, sociology, law, geography, environmental studies, philosophy and social policy all over the world.
- Author BiographyRob White is Professor of Criminology in the School of Social Sciences at the University of Tasmania, Australia. He is author of Transnational Environmental Crime: Toward an eco-global criminology (2011) and Crimes Against Nature (2008), as well as editor of Climate Change from a Criminological Perspective (2012), Global Environmental Harm (2010) and Environmental Crime: A Reader (2009).
- Author(s)Rob White
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2014
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleStudies in Social Harm
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.