Environmental Hydrology, Third Edition by John G. Lyon, Andy D. Ward, Stanley W. Trimble, Suzette R. Burckhard (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $183.74+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $142.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe late Professor Reds Wolman in his Foreword to the award-winning second edition said, This is t your ordinary textbook. Environmental Hydrology is indeed a textbook, but five elements often found separately combine here in one text to make it different. It is eclectic, practical, in places a handbook, a guide to fieldwork, engagingly personal and occasionally opinionated...and, perhaps most engaging to me, in places the authors offer personal views as well as more strongly worded opinions. The former often relate to evaluation of alternative approaches, or formulations, of specific solutions to specific hydrologic problems. The first and second editions were bestsellers and the third promises to educate people new to the field of hydrology and challenge professionals alike, with insightful solutions to classical problems as well as trendsetting approaches important to the evolving genre. The third edition enhances materials in the second edition and has expanded information on many topics, in particular, evapotranspiration, soil erosion, two-stage ditch design and applications, and stream processes. What's New in the Third Edition: * Presents new sections on rock structures in streams, hypoxia, harmful algal blooms, and agricultural practices to reduce nutrient discharges into water resources * Enhances the format to aid the reader in finding tables, figures, and equations * Contains more than 370 figures, 120 tables, 260 equations, 100 worked examples, 160 problems, and more than 1000 references Collectively, the authors have more than 130 years of international experience and the addition of John Lyon and Suzette Burckhard as co-authors expands the breadth of kwledge presented in this book. More than 60 scientists and engineers in Australia, Canada, Europe, and the United States provided assistance to round out the offerings and ensure applicability to hydrology worldwide.
- Author BiographyAndy D. Ward, Ph.D, is a professor in the Department of Food, Agricultural and Biological Engineering, The Ohio State University and has been a member of the faculty since 1986. In 1971, he obtained a B.Sc. in civil engineering from Imperial College, London, England. In 1977 and 1981, Dr. Ward obtained an M.S. and Ph.D. respectively in agricultural engineering from the University of Kentucky. He has authored more than 100 manuscripts and co-authored a paper that received the 1994 Autometric Award from the American Society of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing for the best interpretation of remote sensing data. Stanley W. Trimble, Ph.D, is professor emeritus in the Department of Geography at UCLA and has been a member of the faculty since 1975. In 1963, he received a B.S. in chemistry from the University of North Alabama. He earned his M.A. (1970) and Ph.D. (1973) in geography at the University of Georgia. Dr .Trimble was a research hydrologist with the US Geological Survey from 1973-84, and a visiting professor at the Universities of Chicago (1978, 1981, 1990), Vienna (1994, 1999), Oxford (1995), London (University College, 1985), and Durham (1998). He has published more than 100 research publications. Suzette R. Burckhard, PhD, PE is a professor in the Civil and Environmental Engineering Department in the Jerome J. Lohr College of Engineering at South Dakota State University (SDSU), Brookings. She has been on the faculty since 1997. Dr. Burckhard earned a BS in engineering physics and civil engineering from SDSU. She also attended Kansas State University, earning an MS in physics, an MS in chemical engineering, and a PhD in civil engineering while there. She has over 100 presentations and publications including coauthoring the 3rd place ESRI Award for Best Scientific Paper in Geographic Information Systems in 2008. John G. Lyon has conducted scientific and engineering research and administrative functions throughout his career. He is formerly the senior physical scientist in the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Office of Research and Development (ORD) and Office of the Science Advisor in Washington, DC, where he co-led work on the Group on Earth Observations and the USGEO subcommittee of the Committee on Environment and Natural Resources, and research on geospatial issues. Lyon was director of ORD's Environmental Sciences Division for approximately eight years. He was educated at Reed College in Portland, Oregon, and the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor.
- Author(s)Andy D. Ward,John G. Lyon,Stanley W. Trimble,Suzette R. Burckhard
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication14/09/2015
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note452 black & white illustrations, 123 black & white tables
- Weight2540 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.