Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionThis reference book sets out to provide a useful glossary to writers, reviewers and citizens interested in the EIS process. Over the last decade, environmental impact statements have devel- oped a rich, but sometimes confusing vocabulary. The purpose of this book is to help people understand and communicate more effec- tively by presenting, analyzing and comparing termilogy used by various EIS organizations. This book is t a technical glossary or the standard glossary, but rather the first complete effort to assemble and examine the translation of complex technical EIS lan- guage into a vocabulary aimed directly at the lay reader. Two major factors are responsible for the confusion over EIS termilogy: the diversity of professional vocabularies and multiple interpretations of federal regulations. Due to the di- versity and breadth of professional jargons needed to describe the wide range of EIS subject matter, both quantitatively and qualita- tively, EIS termilogy has become a complex amalgam of profession- al languages. The second factor of multiple interpretations of federal regulations contributes to the confusion over EIS procedur- al termilogy--providing a disjointed vocabulary charged with in- dividual interpretation. As a ~esult of this complexity and con- fusion, the need for a uniform or standard termilogy has been advocated by many organizations, ranging from the Council on En- vironmental Quality on the federal level, down to city planning departments on the local level.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication28/03/2012
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleIFI Data Base Library
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight933 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byMarc Karnis Landy
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1979
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.