Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.08Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a concise exposition of the relevant law and techniques commonly used to meet the regulatory requirements concerning the built environment. It provides a much needed reference and learning text for the growing professional and student involved in the subject. Aspects of environmental law and techlogy covered include the administration and sources of law,town and country planning, water and air pollution, waste, integrated pollution control and the natural environment. It highlights the importance of cross-boundary control, describing in detail the European and international law and enforcement regimes, the agencies involved in town and country planning, procedures at inquiries and enforcement measures, as well as looking at future developments. The important new protocol for assessing the environmental impact of developments is explained in detail. The policy framework and technical processes involved in dealing with water pollution are explored in terms of abstraction, supply, discharge and classification. Air pollution is dealt with in terms of energy efficiency, nuclear power, transport and future potential developments, and the recent phemen of sick building syndrome is explored in some detail. Other areas covered include the regulatory and technical processes involved in dealing with contaminated land, recycling/re-use, incineration, import/export and the law, policy and techlogy of integrated pollution control. A detailed exposition is offered of the legal issues concerning protection of the countryside, birds and animals; the problem of genetically modified crops; forestry; and mining.
- Author BiographyJack Rostron, MA, DipLaw, ARICS, MPTPI, is a surveyor and town planner. He is an adviser to the World Health Organisation.
- Author(s)David Legge,E. J. Longworth,F. Ruddock,Jack Rostron,John Parry,P. Regan,R. P. Jackson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/04/2001
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoutledge Cavendish
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight680 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.