Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionThis third edition of Sheldon and Yoxon's authoritative Environmental Management Systems (previously entitled Installing Environmental Management Systems) has been extensively revised to cover changes in international standards and other related developments in the field such as British Standard BS 8555. Drawing on the authors' extensive hands-on experience in both implementing and training others, it describes how such systems can be used to prioritize actions and resources, increase efficiency, minimize costs and lead to better, more informed decision making. Set out in a straightforward series of steps, it cuts through the jargon and demolishes the myths that surround this important management tool. The authors explain the importance of carrying out an initial environmental review, identifying cause and effect, understanding legislative and regulatory issues, developing a policy and defining objectives and targets. They also describe how to design an effective environmental management programme and implement a successful audit and review. Clear and concise, and packed with helpful practical examples and insider tips, it has become the standard manual for managers and consultants at all levels.
- Author BiographyChristopher Sheldon is an international policy adviser, trainer, author and broadcaster on environmental and sustainability management. He has been involved in the highest levels of EMS development and installation for over 17 years, through standards institutions, professional bodies and commercial applications. He now runs his own consultancy, Green Inck, which operates in the areas of management systems and related sustainable development issues. Mark Yoxon is an award winning facilitator with over 25 years' international experience as a trainer and writer on environmental management and stakeholder dialogue. He has worked with numerous organizations from small business to EU policy making and was a member of the Management Charter Initiative (MCI) working group which developed vocational qualifications for environmental management. He now divides his time between The Open University and INFORM Training & Communication.
- Author(s)Christopher Sheldon,Mark Yoxon
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2006
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEarthscan Ltd
- Content NoteFigures, tables, boxes, index
- Weight725 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.