All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $105.10Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionThe most comprehensive and thorough volume on the environmental aspects of energy from biofuels and biofeedstocks Biomass is a renewable resource whose utilization has received great attention due to environmental considerations and the increasing demands of energy worldwide. Since the energy crises of the 1970s, many countries have become interested in biomass as a fuel source to expand the development of domestic and renewable energy sources, reduce the environmental impacts of energy production, provide rural prosperity for its poor farmers, and bolster a flat agricultural sector. This first volume in the Energy and the Environment series discusses the environmental impacts and social concerns of energy production in its various forms, offering comprehensive coverage of the many available biofuels. Starting with a historical overview, Environmental Management of Energy from Biomass and Biofeedstocks: * Presents a full techlogical treatment of the processes, engineering, and applications of biofuels and biofeedstocks * Describes the relevant techlogies and their environmental impacts * Covers the social aspects, ecomic aspects, and the future of biofuels * Discusses a variety of biofuels and their possible use and applicability in different countries Readership: Any engineer, manager, or technician working with energy from biomass or biofeedstocks. Chemical engineers, chemists, and process engineers working in the field or doing research will most greatly benefit from this valuable new work.
- Author BiographyJames G. Speight is a senior fuel consultant and Visiting Professor at the University of Trinidad and Tobago and Adjunct Professor of Chemical and Fuels Engineering at the University of Utah, USA. He is recognized internationally as an expert in the characterization, properties, and processing of conventional and synthetic fuels. He is the author of numerous books and papers, the editor of two journals in energy, and has won numerous awards and distinctions. Kamel Singh is currently Design and Lead Project Manager at Energy Dynamics Ltd (EDL). He has over twenty years of industrial experience in the design and construction of process plants, pressure vessels, storage tanks, pipelines, and offshore production facilities as well as in welding engineering, quality control, and maintenance management. He has coauthored over ten scholarly papers and contributed to three books.
- Author(s)James G. Speight,Kamel Singh
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication15/04/2014
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight500 g
- Width157 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.